about 1 month ago
Clark Wood is working with a South West based Charity, who are currently looking for a Finance Manager.
This post is a new role in response to this year’s rapid growth of the charity’s operations and it is anticipated that there will be further growth in the future.
The charity are seeking an experienced, creative and motivated Finance Manager to join the team and be responsible for all accounting and financial management activities.
Key duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of accurate accounting records including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and VAT returns using SAGE currently
- Manage the Membership invoicing process including recovery of bad debts
- Evaluate and recommend a cost effective and efficient software package commensurate with the needs of the charity and the expected growth in volume and complexity. Potential use of Xero
- Produce regular reports with analysis and commentary for the management team and Board of Trustees
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations including SORP, FRS 102, Data Protection and company law
- Ensure all reports are submitted to relevant authorities to agreed deadlines
- Production of annual accounts and liaison with the charity’s external accountants / auditors as required
- Preparation and maintenance of annual budgets
- Maintain medium term forecast of the financial position
Good practice for accounting in the charities sector including SORP, Gift Aid and VAT with an understanding of strategic planning.
You will also be ACCA, ACA, CIMA, AAT or equivalent
For more information on this role please contact Will Langdon at Clark Wood