about 2 months ago
Clark Wood is a specialist Recruitment Consultancy operating throughout the United Kingdom within the Public Practice Accountancy & Tax sectors. Our core client base consists of Accountancy Practices ranging from Big 4, Top 10 & Mid-Tier firms through to independent regional firms and sole traders.
Circa £32,000 - £40,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Accountancy Practice recruitment specialists Clark Wood are currently working with a highly progressive and distinguished firm of chartered accountants in Sawbridgeworth who are now looking to add an experienced and driven Accounts Senior to their team.
This prominent independent firm boast a diverse and interesting client base and as a result of their continually expanding presence, they are now looking to add an ambitious individual to undertake a varied general practice role in which the workload will be focused towards the production of year-end accounts and tax compliance.
As an Accounts Senior your role will involve working with a variety of clients including limited companies, sole traders, and partnerships from a range of business sectors with the workload being diverse. This will include the preparation and review of statutory and management accounts, as well as the associated corporation tax computations and returns. You will also have involvement with the completion of client bookkeeping and the preparation and submission of VAT returns.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a varied general practice role and will be ACCA / ACA Qualified or at the final stages of their studies. You will have experience of working in a similarly varied role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a reputable and forward-thinking firm in Sawbridgeworth where your expertise will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and benefits package. This firm can offer genuine scope for career development with the successful individual having the opportunity to continue to progress and develop within the team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare statutory financial statements from source records and trial balance - Limited, LLP, Partnership, Trust, Charity, Sole Trader, Service Charge
• Prepare corporate and personal tax returns
• Preparation of management information and accounts
• Bookkeeping and VAT preparation (variety of schemes)
• Liaise with management / directors and clients (individuals or businesses) in respect to day to day enquiries, providing an advisory service
• Company secretarial duties
• Prepare formal correspondence to various parties (Clients, HMRC, Banks, Companies House etc.)
• Assisting and mentoring junior members of the team
• Ad hoc special assignment work as required
• ACA / ACCA Qualified or Finalist
• Experience of working in practice is essential
• An up-to-date knowledge of all relevant accounting standards
For further information on this role please contact Jack Wyatt at Clark Wood – email@example.com / 07800 255933
If this specific vacancy is not quite what you are looking for please contact us to investigate alternatives; you can send your CV to this job or contact us directly. Refer a friend or colleague to us and receive a minimum of £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role